BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

AddOnAdmin for 22

poco2013
Mentor
I just downloaded the dev kit for 22 and the AddOnAdmin.app still does not work with my Mac. Throws an exception. i have to go back to ver. 19 to get one that works which is very strange. - YES, i have reported this before. --- High Sierra - 10.13.5 Mac Book Pro (2013) i assume this is some kind of security issue but wish Graphisoft would pay some attention to this. This is getting old!!
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
11 REPLIES 11
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
I've had issues with this tool too, but it seems to be working in AC22. Try putting the xml add-on database file into the same directory as the tool
Ralph Wessel BArch
poco2013
Mentor
Nope -- Still doesn't work --- Throws An Exception
Gerry

Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Does the XML still seem valid in the file? I've had cases where some of it was corrupted (by the tool) and caused a crash. I was able to manually fix the contents.
Ralph Wessel BArch
poco2013
Mentor
YEP -- Seems too? -- I tried it with two different XML Files in that directory. One being the the default XML and my working file. I never get to the stage that I can open a file as it throws an exception immediately -- Again -- version 19 still works fine. I think that at some point version 21 worked with some version of mac also but stopped working with a later release of the op system.

Which is why I think its a security problem which I can't figure out -- But with no help from Graphisoft i am at a disadvantage.
Gerry

Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Have you looked at the XML contents with a plain text editor?
Ralph Wessel BArch
poco2013
Mentor
Yes - looked at it with both a text editor (textwrangler) and a xml editor -- Looks well formed to me.
Gerry

Tibor Lorantfy
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Could you try to copy the AddOnAdmin.app next to your installed ARCHICAD.app and run it there? Could you send us please the related crash report from Console application?
poco2013
Mentor
Moved to Archicad 22 directory and it works OK now.

Using:
Mac High Sierra 10.13.6 Mac Book Pro
Gerry

Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi,

Could you please move the AddOnAdmin back to its original place, and run it from Terminal?

GRAPHISOFT\ ARCHICAD\ API\ DevKit\ 22.3004/Support/Tools/OSX/AddOnAdmin.app/Contents/MacOS/AddOnAdmin

Please send us the output!

Thanks, Akos
Learn and get certified!