BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

Calculate Area of Operable Window

enuru99
Participant

Hey guys,

Is there any way, (expression or otherwise) in which Archicad can calculate the operable area of a window or door?

I’ve played with the “W/D Opening Surface Area”, however this seems to calculate the area within the frame.

For example, we have a window that has 2 sidelights, and an awning with a transom at around 1100mm, and am only wanting to calculate the area of the awning portion itself.

Is this possible at all?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly

If the calculations are done in the object itself and then the result saved as a parameter, then you can access that info in a schedule.

I am not sure if the Graphisoft doors and windows do this calculation.

It could theoretically be done in an expression, but I am not sure if you could access the correct information to create an expression.

i.e. overall width, less side lights, multiplied by the height less the transom height.

But every window object will need a different expression as some may not have sidelights or transoms.

The calculations are best done in the objects, but as I say, I am not familiar enough with the Graphisoft objects to say if they do that or not.

But if they do have a parameter that tells you the operable (opening) area, then you have what you need.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!