Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.

Get Custom Library Parts Parameters' Values from with in Grasshopper

Nader Belal
Mentor
Hi there,

I would like to ask script should I write in Grasshopper (may be VBA / C# / Python) so that I may extract GSM custom parameters values ??

For example, I have created a gsm file with parameters with predefined values, and I need to get those values.

Thank you in advance.
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
2 REPLIES 2
Podolsky
Ace
Unfortunately Grasshopper does not work with parameter script. So any predefined parameters that you might set, all commands like VALUE and PARAMETERS not going to work in Grasshopper.

To solve this problem, you need to build your GDL code differently. Most of calculations, that might be in parameter script, must be written in master script.

Probably you need to duplicate some of your parameters definitions in Grasshopper algorithm.
Nader Belal
Mentor
Now that is the funny part about the querks of trying to extend ArchiCAD's functionalities in Grasshopper.

I will try that, thank you
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.