GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.
SOLVED!

How to defined inline Pen definition using RGB values ?

Nader Belal
Mentor
Hi there everyone,

I would like to know it was possible to define an inline Pen with out selecting the pen's number from the Pen set.

ie: If the inline Pen definition could be defined by RGB values ....
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
It is not possible to define the pen's color or line weight (or description).
The pen indices are fixed 1-255 and -1 and 0 for fills. These are always defined and others can't be added.

MATERIALs can be defined with a custom color, but there is a limited number of different materials that can be defined (you might create a few thousand, but don't think about pixelizing a photo with materials). These surface colors won't be PROJECT2-d to 2D with the defined exact color, the surfaces' tilt relative to the sun's position will add a self-shadow effect.
Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
It is not possible to define the pen's color or line weight (or description).
The pen indices are fixed 1-255 and -1 and 0 for fills. These are always defined and others can't be added.

MATERIALs can be defined with a custom color, but there is a limited number of different materials that can be defined (you might create a few thousand, but don't think about pixelizing a photo with materials). These surface colors won't be PROJECT2-d to 2D with the defined exact color, the surfaces' tilt relative to the sun's position will add a self-shadow effect.
Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest
runxel
Legend
Peter wrote:
These surface colors won't be PROJECT2-d to 2D with the defined exact color, the surfaces' tilt relative to the sun's position will add a self-shadow effect.
Except that you can create a constant material with type = 7.
;)
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»