Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

How to run ModelAccess_Test?

gehatg
Participant

Hallo,

I am new at Archicad API and would like to ask how am I supposed to run the ModelAccess API? 

As Save As is not supported on the DEMO. Where am I supposed to put the MDIDs for the ModelAccess_Test and run it on the licensed version?

Also are there any resource editors for .grc files to create UI simpler? How can I preview my UI do I have to run the application is this the only way?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1

Hi,

You have to replace the MDID in the file ModelAccess_TestFix.grc. I added comments to the file for you, to highlight what you have to replace:

#include "MDIDs_APICD.h"
'MDID' 32500 "Add-On Identifier" {
	/*Developer ID goes here*/
	/*Local ID goes here*/
}

• I don't think there are resource editors for .grc files.
  • Running the application is the only way I know to view the UI you design. Ensuring that your Add-On can be properly unloaded (e.g. no API_KeepInMemory) can give you a faster feedback loop. Because then you can overwrite your Add-On DLL when recompiling and you don't have to remove&re-add the Add-On in AC or restart AC.
  • Two more tips regarding UI:
    • The documentation coming with the API Development Kit has more documentation about the UI stuff (DialogManager) than the online documentation at archicadapi.graphisoft.com
    • This documentation mostly describes a C-Style usage of the DialogManager. You can also use a more C++-Style version of the DialogManager where you have objects for each Dialog Item etc. I recommend checking out the DialogManager example.

Bernd Schwarzenbacher - Archicad Add-On Developer - Get Add-Ons & Archicad Tips on my Website: bschwb.com