Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

LNK4204 error - can’t debug

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

On Mac I was able to debug flawlessly
On windows I’m getting lnk4204- says that API_c.pdb is missing and that it’s linking as if no debug info.
Even if I’m changing project settings to create API_c.pdb instead of myprojectname.pdb, it still can’t find it.

Thanks in advance!
19 REPLIES 19
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Do you mean this message?
ACAP_STATD.lib(ACAPlib.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'API_c.pdb' was not found with 'ACAP_STATD.lib(ACAPlib.obj)' or at 'C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 24\Add-Ons\CI Tools\API_c.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
If so, you can ignore it - it's only debug info for content linked from the dev-kit (which you won't debug into anyway).
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ralph wrote:
Do you mean this message?
ACAP_STATD.lib(ACAPlib.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'API_c.pdb' was not found with 'ACAP_STATD.lib(ACAPlib.obj)' or at 'C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 24\Add-Ons\CI Tools\API_c.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
If so, you can ignore it - it's only debug info for content linked from the dev-kit (which you won't debug into anyway).
But when I try to attach the process and hit breakpoints it says that “no symbols have been loaded”
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Is the ARCHICAD Add-Ons folder the output directory for your build?
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ralph wrote:
Is the ARCHICAD Add-Ons folder the output directory for your build?
No. I am copying the apx to the addons folder
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Try building directly to the Add-Ons folder so the pdb files etc are in the same location as the runtime location of the add-on.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ralph wrote:
Try building directly to the Add-Ons folder so the pdb files etc are in the same location as the runtime location of the add-on.
Tried.
Both directly to the addons folder and directly to a sub folder in addons folder. Both didn’t work..

Getting the same “no symbols have been loaded” when trying to load a breakpoint

Maybe it’s important to say - I’m working offline.
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Offline work should make no difference.

Do you see associated debug files, e.g. ".pdb", appearing in the directory with your add-on? Are the debug options active in your build configuration?
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ralph wrote:
Offline work should make no difference.

Do you see associated debug files, e.g. ".pdb", appearing in the directory with your add-on? Are the debug options active in your build configuration?
Yes I see the pdb.
Debug options are active as far as I’m concerned. If you can tell me the specific ones to check I will.
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Are you using Start Debugging from VS to begin the debugging process?
Ralph Wessel BArch