BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

Label Object in "Find and Select"

Joachim Suehlo
Advisor
I have created a label object, which reads the Building Material from a wall.
The pen color of the BM is used to place fills besides the wall.
The label thus graphically identifies the building materials of the wall surfaces.
Now I want to activate only the labels (not the walls) with "Find and Select" which have a specific BM color. Unfortunately, this is not provided for in "Find and Select".
When I try to overwrite some of the labels pen colors like AC_LabelPointerPen with a free value, this does work, but I cannot use the REQUEST{2} ("Building_Material_info"...) in the Parameters Script to do this with the BM color.
Any ideas if I can use "Find and Select" for this purpose?
Joachim Suehlo . AC12-27 . MAC OSX 13.5 . WIN11
GDL object creation: b-prisma.de
2 REPLIES 2
Podolsky
Ace
I'm not sure you can. Objects, that are created in GDL have two type of variables - common (independent from GDL script and shown in element settings - that might be pen colour, font, fill type, element elevation and sizes) and variables that set in GDL script. In your case pen colour is set in GDL script and invisible for Find and Select command. When you press "Add" in "Find and Select" - program is showing which variables you can choose - and there is no access to variables set inside of GDL element.
Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi Joachim,

The closest I can think of is find&select the walls and put them to another layer. Hide other layers except the wall's and the label's. Labels which annotate hidden layers are also hidden, so you will only see the labels of the selected walls.
Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!