GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.
SOLVED!

MVO array dimensions won't update

Bruce
Expert

I've changed parameter arrays in a previously deployed MVO from 2-dimensions to 1-dimension arrays.  I have updated all my relevant scripts and macros etc,  The really odd thing is that in the GDL scripting environment, I don't get any errors - but when I open the MVO dialog, I do get errors.

I've managed to track down the problem, and it's that the MVO in the Archicad environment is still treating these parameters as 2-dimension arrays.  For some reason, it 'remembers' that these parameters used to be 2-dimension arrays.

So far I've:

1. deleted all MVOs bar one (can't delete the last one).
  2. created new MVOs
  3. closed and re-opened the file
  4. unloaded the relevant parts, opened the MVO, reloaded
  5. unloaded the relevant parts, closed the file & reopened, reloaded

None of the above worked, but while I was typing out this post, I thought of something that did work: save as the MVO gdl part as a New Library Part.  Delete the old one, use the new one.  That seemed to do the trick.

Even though I solved the problem, I figured I'd post anyway, just in case someone has the same problem in the future.

Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC26 5002 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Bruce
Expert

Yes, that's there as well.  Works in the scripting environment, but crashes in the Archicad environment due to incorrect array dimensions.

Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC26 5002 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Curious if you have a parameter loop in the parameter script to shrink your arrays? 

Might work for future endeavors 

Solution
Bruce
Expert

Yes, that's there as well.  Works in the scripting environment, but crashes in the Archicad environment due to incorrect array dimensions.

Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!