BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

Please fix GDL and make it better, don't stay like a proper language

LeeJaeYoung
Virtuoso

LeeJaeYoung_0-1684641674049.png

WALL_FLIPPED function should be usable in 3D Script, but it is not modified.

Is it because I don't need it with the standard doors and windows you provide? i need

LeeJaeYoung_1-1684641959100.png

The cross section here doesn't need anything to establish a relationship with the wall.
However, people who have studied GDL will want to make something better.
1. I used to make insulation for use in sections.
However, the fill of this insulator did not fit to skin at the cross section, so it was requested.
2. I thought that what was written with CWALL_ in the window and door 3D script would be affected by PSD like WALLLINE2. However, the concept in 2D Script and 3D Script was different. I think that things made with CWALL_ and CSlab_ should be able to play the same role.
3. The fact that WALL_FLIPPED does not work in the 3D Script I am talking about this time has taken up too much of my time.
When I found out, I was so angry.
Even the manual said it could be used...

This bug should be fixed.
That way, you can automatically set the finishing of sections that are not expressed in standard doors and windows.
Now I think it is possible only by giving an option.

4. I'm going to end this article with something I've mentioned before.
Autolisp used in AutoCAD can create and read Excel. I've been studying this time, but I can also read the cpu serial number.
I'd love to see GDL develop further.

Offer more features to your users.
They will create strange things you wouldn't think of.

I'm new to studying GDL, but I'll post my opinion.
There may be some mistakes, but I hope you understand and read it. ^^

AC27 on window 11
6 REPLIES 6
Karl Ottenstein

I'm not sure what you are angry about:  Wall_Flipped is a read-only variable.  You cannot modify it in GDL.  Are you saying that you cannot read the value in a 3D script?

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

@LeeJaeYoung wrote:

WALL_FLIPPED doesn't work in 3D - Graphisoft Community

Doesn't the 3D script take the master scripter's v... - Graphisoft Community

Why is @Peter Baksa 's solution in the WALL_FLIPPED thread not sufficient?  It does seem like an odd situation.

Same with the other thread of yours... I don't think any of us understand what you WANT to do that you are not able to do.  I don't see why you've started this new thread rather than bringing up your specific issue in those other threads.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

I don't quite understand what you are saying.
I wish I could write a bit longer. ^^
1. It is said that it is possible in the manual.
If not, I think you need to revise the manual.
2. What is better about ArchiCAD than REVIT is that you can freely finish the parts connected to windows and doors. So I'm trying to do it in 3D as well.
3. I think that just because everyone is going that way now doesn't mean you shouldn't think of another way.
4. It is difficult for me to understand why the concept of WALL_FLIPPED was introduced. If you come up with something better, it will read the direction of the wall if you don't tell it.
To those who said they solved it with WALL_MAT_A, B, I asked a question saying that I couldn't seem to replace the concept of WALL_FLIPPED because I didn't understand.

I don't understand what you're saying, but I interpreted it in my own way and wrote my opinion. Thank you for your interest in my little article.

AC27 on window 11

Be much more specific, questions and data that you provide.

run twice as many scenarios and then present the data if you still need input 

I hope GDL will be like this.
for example
1. If I wrote the toilet in GDL, even if I put 1 toilet, 1 sink, and 1 shower in one GDL, I want them to be recognized as each in the schedule.
2. Even if mortar and tile are installed together in the bathroom, we want it to be recognized as tile and wall finish.
3. Of course, I hope that the artificial marble door seal at the bottom of the bathroom door can be recognized separately.

Of course I'm talking in 3D Script.
Now I want to be able to think of Object separately inside GDL.
Archicad has the advantage of being able to classify, so it seems to be more greedy because it has claffication and property.

And the reason why I want to do this is because it is difficult to express each information in the schedule if I create reinforcing bar at once in GDL now when I do reinforcement.

Speaking of reinforcing bars, I would like to be able to express three cross sections.
I see many advantages of GDL. It's what I want you to do to get rid of the limitations.

Thank you for your interest in my little opinion.

AC27 on window 11
Learn and get certified!