GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.
SOLVED!

Questioning about manuals ?

Nader Belal
Mentor
Where is the place that I can propose the editing for manuals ?

For instance, right now, when revising COOR, COOR{2}, COOR{3} GDL commands, there was no mentioning that the these take effect after defining a specific body.
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
80 REPLIES 80
Nader Belal
Mentor
@LazloNagy

8. PROJECT2{3} needs examples
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
Lingwisyer
Guru
Moonlight wrote:
8. PROJECT2{3} needs examples

http://gdl.graphisoft.com/tips-and-tricks/explore-the-project23-command

The example object used is available in the link at the start of the page.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Nader Belal
Mentor
And that is why it should be included in the manual
Nader Belal
Mentor
@LazloNagy

9. Some neat tricks related to GDL creation would be nice.

For example, the difficulty of using cutpolyA (& variants) is that there is no direct way to see them in the GDL 3D preview, but you can write this for the manual (as an example😞
Tips & tricks:
Working with CutpolyA (and variants) can be a little difficult to use since that there is no direct way to see them, especially when they don't give you the result that you wish.

But modifying the code to be prism_ compliant then by commenting the first line as seen in following example can make your work process a lot more easier ...

!cutpolyA 4, 3, 1,
prism_ 4, 1,
0.5, 0.5, 7,
0.75, 0.5, 7,
0.75, 0.75, 7,
0.5, 0.75, 7
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Moonlight,
You do not need to address your posts to me, it is enough to post them in this thread. I have forwarded it to GRAPHISOFT,
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Nader Belal
Mentor
Done
Nader Belal
Mentor
@LazloNagy

This note should have been included in the GDL manuals
https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=11333#p11333
Nader Belal
Mentor
By the way CWALL_ command doesn't even have a tiny whiny lousy example, and in the forums there is only 4 entries, being 1 as moderately related.
Nader Belal
Mentor
NON GDL Side Note

Graphisoft should start to ship it's API manuals as PDFs (2 to be accurate):
1. One for reference.
2. Second for first steps using API
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Moonlight wrote:
Graphisoft should start to ship it's API manuals as PDFs (2 to be accurate):
1. One for reference.
2. Second for first steps using API
The API reference documentation is fine the way it is:
- It comes with linkage to VS and Xcode (for interactive use)
- It's far quicker to open a small document for the info you're interested in (a PDF with the API reference would be enormous)

Is there some specific advantage you're seeking from a PDF?
Ralph Wessel BArch