Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

Using the Development Kit with Visual Studio 2022

akomporday
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi everyone,

In the last couple of weeks we got several questions regarding Visual Studio 2022 and the API DevKit. If you try to use VS 2022 to build your AddOns, you have to keep in mind a few things.

First, Archicad 25 and Archicad 26 is built with the v142 toolset and AddOns are expected to be built with this version as well. It means, that to build Archicad AddOns with VS2022 first you have to install the v142 toolset manually (as the default is  v143). You can do that by installing this component here:

Tools->Get tools and Features->Individual components

Here, check MSVC v142 - VS 2019 C++ x64/x86 build tools (v14.29-16.11) then click 'Modify'. Done!

Now, you have to specify the toolset used by the cmake project generator. You can do it by calling cmake with the following parameters:

cmake -T v142

Projects generated this way should compile without problems.

Regards,

The API team.

3 REPLIES 3
paanjii2
Participant

Visual Studio Community 2019 is no longer available for download and SSIS / SSRS / SSAS project extensions are not yet available for VS 2022.

myfiosgateway.com

mobdro

Hi paanjii2,
You can download older version via Visual Studio Older Downloads - 2019, 2017, 2015 & Previous Versions (microsoft.com)
This page will forward to your Visual studio subscription profile where you can download VS 2019 build tools (you don't need to install whole VS just build tools). While installing VS build tools just select "C++ desktop development" package - it's minimal what You'll need for successful build

dradomtsev_0-1667550602779.png

Joel Buehler
Enthusiast

Hey evryone. 

I only have Visual Studio 2022 and i had some problems to get cmake create a VS Solution. 

I installed the v142 toolsets and it still didnt work. i had to install the Visual Studio Build Tools 2019 and then it worked. Your Visual Studio Installer should look like this.VS.png

Then you can run normaly the cmake comand in vs2022 when you downloaded the template from there the https://github.com/Graphisoft/Archicad-addon-cmake

hope that helps someone like me that was stuck 😄