Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

3D View with Camera Viewpoint as source

For a View with a camera Viewpoint as a Source - shouldn't changes to the camera's Projection Settings update the Projection Settings of the View? 

3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly

That depends on how you look at it.

If you save a view with a custom Floor Plan Cutting Plane settings and then you change the default FPCP, the view doesn't change.

Because the setting is saved in the view.

Same with the camera.

The settings are saved in the view.

Change the camera settings so the 3D view is as you want and then in the view settings choose to 'Get Current Window Settings'

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Not really. This is about the relationship between a View and its source Viewpoint. It's more as if a Plan View was unresponsive to changes in Storey Settings. 

A View based on a Camera Viewpoint will have these settings - clearly indicating it's source.

thesleepofreason_1-1645190846203.png

It's quite strange that the source Camera Viewpoint can be redefine but leaving the View exactly the same - resulting in what has to be considered an inconsistency. But if the Camera Viewpoint is deleted then so is the View (without prompting a warning). Another strange thing is that the relationship seems to work the other way around - a Camera Viewpoint can be redefined from the View to which it is a source. To me this looks like either a bug or quite sloppy application development.

The objective of my quest is to find a way control the projection settings across multiple views.

LucaP
Enthusiast

Hi,

Just to pitch in. I also have made such a discovery just recently trying to get specific viewpoints and simply create a Clone View from the project map. Just to have them neatly organised and updated each time the new camera is created (that function works though).
It seems that the fact that 3D views saved as Views get also the current location of the viewpoint creates this issue. Perhaps there could be a setting (as with for example Floor Plans with rotation and zoom) that you could ignore this settings and simply rebuild the viewpoint from the source (i.e. the camera).

I hope that this isn’t specifically hard to implement from the developers point of view, and could be added in the next builds.

Łukasz Pietraszko
ArchiCAD 26 PL, since AC20 | WIN 10 Home
Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB | 500 GB SSD