BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

ADA Diagrams in Final Published Set for Construction

4hotshoes
Advisor

This is not technically an Archicad question; but since most of you are part of the architecture profession, I would like your thoughts.

For those of you who work regularly in commercial architecture, how many of your firms have a standard, generic sheet of ADA diagrams and drawings with required dimensions that you include in your set? So a firm I work with does do this and does not bother to dimension things like toilet locations sink locations accessories locations, because it is "covered" in the generic sheet of ADA.

I feel uncomfortable about this as ADA is a design guide for us to work with in our designs and not simply publish for the contractor to figure out. But I would like to know form anyone else who is willing to weigh-in on this. I am more familiar with residential and have been out of Commercial architecture for a long time. Have things changed over the years and now firms publish generic ADA stuff on a regular basis now?

If so, this will effect our Archicad template to include the ADA sheet for every project. Thank you for your thoughts. So I guess it could be technically an Archicad question. I don't like the idea of including a sheet like this in a template. It is a small debate in the office.

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
1 REPLY 1
Miha_M
Advisor

You could have such content in a separate project file and just fetch that content via the external file into your project layout book if needed. They don't have to be a part of yout template.

The "ready to use" diagrams, room layouts, etc. I think have not much in common with creating architecture, but they can speed up the work process if you work on generic buildings.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

Learn and get certified!