Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Aerial Site Plan

Lingwisyer
Guru

Hi all,

I am wanting a create a Site Plan with Shadows on an Aerial Photo mapped over terrain. The only issue is that you cannot get textures within 3D documents (prior to 25?) or scale axonometric views... 

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
2 REPLIES 2
Mscott
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Bit of a long winded process, but you can do the below which may help:

Place the photo onto a floor plan

Open the 3D View, go to the View Menu > 3D View Options > 3D Styles, set the 3D Engine from OpenGL to Vectorial Hatching and close the dialog

Navigate to the View Menu > 3D View Options > 3D Projections click the parallel projections button and set your camera to a top down view, set the sun to the desired position and click OK

With the marquee tool draw around the model and then press CTRL+C a dialog will appear asking what you want to copy, in my case I selected just shadows (Edges and Polygons) also ensure that it's set to scaled drawing at the top: Screenshot 2021-12-15 at 16.14.17.png

Go back to floorplan and paste it (CTRL+V) and the shadows will appear something like this:

Screenshot 2021-12-15 at 16.16.14.png

The elements that are pasted are fills which you can modify the colour of if you wish.

This is the first reason that would be relevant to me that I could see justifying an upgrade unfortunately one item versus the amount of work you might not quantify when you crunch the numbers