Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Angle dimension tool AC25 bug

R Muller
Enthusiast

Archicad 25 build 3011:  Can't use decimal degrees to dimension an angle using the angle dimension tool.  "Project Preferences" for angle dimensions in "decimal degrees" gives erroneous choice of only fractions (1/2, 1/4, 1/8 etc.), not number of decimal places.  Decimal angle dimensions upgraded from AC24 as well as new decimal angle dimensions created in AC25 are rounded off to whole numbers. This must be a bug.

Dimensions using degrees and minutes work OK.

R Muller
AC 26 USA (20+ years on ArchiCAD)
MBP 64GB Apple M1 Max OS 12.1 Monterey
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Duncan
Booster

It's a Mac interface bug with a temporary workaround available. Start at the preferences for linear dimensions and change the system to metric, click on the angular dimension icon and you should see the integer count numbers, not fractions, select your desired precision unit for angular dim, return to the linear dimension and switch back to imperial. Save the dim style. The fractions will appear again when viewing angular settings, but it should function as previously set.

Win 10 Pro, Threadripper 1950x 16-core, 32GB RAM, RTX 3080Ti 12GB GRAM

View solution in original post

Solution

Here's a screen shot of the problem.  Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 11.46.39 AM.png

Duncan's workaround does work for me, if I follow it exactly- thank you, Duncan!  The preference for angular dimensions still looks messed up, but what I actually get on my floor plan is what I want.

R Muller

Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hi Muller,

Thank you very much for the screenshot! It was very helpful for me!

I found that this issue was entered into our defect database already (please refer to it as DEF-6233). As it is a new entry, currently it is set to be fixed in Archicad 25 Update 3. As Duncan mentioned, this is the workaround in this case.

Once again, thank you very much for the report. Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

6 REPLIES 6
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

I will report this to Graphisoft, but can you post a screenshot of the Preference Dialog and the result?

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Solution
Duncan
Booster

It's a Mac interface bug with a temporary workaround available. Start at the preferences for linear dimensions and change the system to metric, click on the angular dimension icon and you should see the integer count numbers, not fractions, select your desired precision unit for angular dim, return to the linear dimension and switch back to imperial. Save the dim style. The fractions will appear again when viewing angular settings, but it should function as previously set.

Win 10 Pro, Threadripper 1950x 16-core, 32GB RAM, RTX 3080Ti 12GB GRAM
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hi Muller and Duncan,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry for the experience!

I would be very grateful if we can see a quick video of the issue and how the workaround works? Is it a Mac-only issue?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Works just as expected for me. 

2021-10-14_19-00-13.jpg

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Solution

Here's a screen shot of the problem.  Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 11.46.39 AM.png

Duncan's workaround does work for me, if I follow it exactly- thank you, Duncan!  The preference for angular dimensions still looks messed up, but what I actually get on my floor plan is what I want.

R Muller
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hi Muller,

Thank you very much for the screenshot! It was very helpful for me!

I found that this issue was entered into our defect database already (please refer to it as DEF-6233). As it is a new entry, currently it is set to be fixed in Archicad 25 Update 3. As Duncan mentioned, this is the workaround in this case.

Once again, thank you very much for the report. Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT