BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

ArchiCAD 19: Saved 3D image poor quality

Anonymous
Not applicable
I noticed that images from 3D window saved in ArchiCAD 19 (jpg, png, bmp etc.) have worse quality, than in previous versions of ArchiCAD.
Comparison of JPG files saved with ArchiCAD 16 and 19 can be seen in attachment. Quality is 100 for both.

I tried different options, but did not get better quality.

Is there any solution to this (except PrtScr then paste in Photoshop and crop )?
13 REPLIES 13
KeesW
Advocate
Thank you Erwin. I've downloaded your scheme, and a few others provided by several helpful users. I haven't yet found the channel grooved surfaces available to your version - but haven't finished looking. We got our glass to work reasonably well and put a light inside to brighten the interior.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Kees,

Maybe you can import the material attached below, using the attribute manager.

It's a natural finish channelsiding material.

From that you should be able to tweak the colours to suit your project.

You will have some missing textures and fills, most likely, as it is referencing things in the NL library. These are only for the openGL end of things though.

I think on the cinerender side the texture is only used once in an image channel for the colour settings. I don't think you'll miss out much without it, as everything else is procedural shaders.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
KeesW
Advocate
Thank you Erwin.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erwin wrote:
Have you tried the settings I attached? I'm getting about 40s for a viewport sized render of a fairly detailed and sizeable model. Surely this is as good as saving out a screenshot for presentation?
Yes, I tried, thanks. That could help sometimes, but it's not exactly what I need.
KatalinBorszeki wrote:
Hi Rammstein, most of your questions have already been replied to...
In ARCHICAD 19, the 2D Drawing Antialiasing is switched off by default. You need to activate it to get nicer result here: Options > Work Environment > Advanced Redraw Options.
Hello dear Katalin Borszek. Thanks for hint, that helps in ArchiCAD 19! What's interesting: in ArchiCAD 16 "2D Drawing Antialiasing" checkbox is not checked, but in spite of this when saving JPG from 3D window, I'm getting nice antialiaced image.
Learn and get certified!