Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Automatic assignment of element id by critera

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Does anyone have any idea of how you can automatically assign door orientations in the elements' IDs? I want the end of the element id to have a "left" or "right" letter. I've tried using the Element ID manager but it seems to me that it either assigns IDs to all selected doors or ALL doors. Furthermore this method needs a manual update to reassign IDs for new doors or changed once.

Regards
Alex
6 REPLIES 6
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You could select them using a schedule perhaps. I can imagine it being a lot of work on a huge project. With the typical large residential projects our office does mostly, it's generally about 10-15 different ID's alltogether so I just do it manually.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You will not be able to modify Element IDs like that automatically.
However, if your purpose is schedules, you might have another way.
You could create a custom IFC property and put its value together from the ID and Orientation parameters of Doors using AC18's new IFC Mapping feature. Then you would be able to schedule that custom IFC Property.
Check out this post. It talks about creating custom IFC Properties, then mapping values to them. It talks about Labels, but the first 2-3 steps apply to this case as well:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=233623#233623
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it is a great feature! I guess it would work for both the schedule and on plan view which I would like. Unfortunately this project is running in AC17.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Other idea: perhaps modify the marker object to include the orientation after the ID. This won't fix the issue in schedules probably and this requires some knowledge of GDL though.
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I had a quick look in the GDL reference guide, the global to call on is L:
WIDO_ORIENTATION
Maybe this helps

You would have to extract your library LCF file to a folder, look for the marker object you are using, open that and modify it.
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to edit the marker so that it displays the orientation after the ID on the floor plan but I don't seem to figure out how to call correctly on the WIDO_ORIENTATION.

I want to edit the 2D script by adding: + WIDO_ORIENTATION but it doesn't output left/right on the floor plan. This method works fine if I add a text or number for example: + "10" outputs 10 after the ID on the floor plan. Any idea on how to call on that door parameter?

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!