Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Autotext, Drawing Name > listing sequence?

Anonymous
Not applicable
When placing the autotext "Drawing Name" on a master layout and then having a few drawings placed on a layout >> How do I specify the order that the drawing titles are displayed by the Drawing Name autotext field?

I thought that the drawing names would appear in the Drawing Name field in the same order that the drawings are placed in the Layout list, top-to-bottom, or by how they are numbered 1-2-3. But as hard as I try, the drawing names are displayed in an apparently random order. Doesn't seem to be alphabetical, and dragging drawing titles into a different order or renumbering them in the layout list doesn't change things either.
4 REPLIES 4
Erika Epstein
Booster
Select the drawings and in the settings box on the top of the Identification tab change the Drawing ID to be 'by layout.
You can do this in your info box, its the tab right under the layer selection button
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erica thanks, finally getting back -

yes, that lists the drawings, but not in the order that they are displayed/ID'ed.

It still lists them in the order that they where placed on the layout (in the order of placed firstly, secondly, thirdly, etc) regardless of their ID sequence (1, 2, 3, etc.)

found that the only way to revise the output of #Drawing Name is to delete the drawings from the layout and re-place them in the order I want #Drawing Name to display them.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Jeff,
If I understand you correctly, you want a list on each layout sheet of each drawing placed on it in the order you have chosen to number them. Is this correct?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
David Shorter
Advisor
Jeff
I you set up the drawing list so that the layout ID is first and the drawing ID in the second in order the drawing list will group drawings by layout and then each drawing on the layout in order of their index.
So index fields should run
Layout
ID
Name
and then any other fields you want to list
Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone