BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

BIMx and Oculus Rift

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone tried this yet? BIMx has a stereoscopic mode but does it actually work with an Oculus VR headset? My concern is BIMx's stereoscopic mode appears to simply be a split display, not something that is actually sending two distinct signals.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
as per usual, minutes after I post I find the answer on my own. Per Oculus's site:
Does the Oculus Rift developer kit work with games that have existing stereo 3D support?

Not yet. Currently, game developers need to explicitly integrate support for the Oculus Rift. A proper Oculus integration is critical because you’re no longer looking at a flat screen– you feel as though you’re actually inside the virtual world.

Integrating the Oculus Rift also requires gameplay changes. Without proper game design changes like Oculus head-tracking, the virtual reality experience will not be compelling.
So I guess the real question is will Graphisoft ever get around to allowing an Oculus hook in BIMx? I think past history, sadly, indicates no.
Anonymous
Not applicable
My son has the devkit for it and I've had a go at the programs that come with it...a bit low rez in the devkit but seriously good fun...the roller coaster is great! I don't think BIMX has a development kit? So sadly., it needs to be done by the factory...

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!