BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

BIMx export from Archicad is empty

MikiUser
Participant

We just upgraded our projects into Archicad 26 and I tried to export a BIMx model as usual, but whenever I open the exported file, I'm getting the error message "The BIMx model is empty". As a result the model only includes the background sky/ white/ greyscale (I tried several background options.)

Has anyone experienced similar problems?

Bimx error messahe.jpg
8 REPLIES 8

Is there a 3D view saved as part of the BIMx publisher set?

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

Yes! In fact the 3D view is both saved in the BIMx publisher set and is saved as a viewport with a designated layer combination.

Can you show a screen shot of your publisher set and also the result of the publishing showing what was 'saved' or not?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Andrii Levko
Expert

What about 2D documentation, did you try to publish with layouts, can you view it on the desktop viewer or in the application? 

Andrii
AC 8.1 - 27 INT/POL 3001
Win11 | Ryzen 5600 | 16 GB | GTX 1650

Attached is a screenshot of the publisher set (which only contains the 3D) and the publisher results.

I also just reinstalled the BIMx viewer just in case, but that also didn't change anything.

Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 9.13.12 AM.png

When I publish PDF sets they show up as usual. I never used the 2D Documentation/ Layouts with the BIMx file before, so I'm not sure how to open those? I included some Layouts in the BIMx file but when I open it with the desktop viewer it says that I need to open those with the app?

Thanks for that.

It certainly all looks good for creating the BIMx file.

I don't have 26 yet so can't test if there is any problem with 26 and the desktop viewer.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Benjamin Dani
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue!
Checking the attachment it seems to me that you happen to use the old desktop application for opening the file.
Since Archicad 26 the exported BIMx models are using a single, modern 3D format you can read about in this article.
I suggest downloading the new application and check if it solves the issue.
Please read this article for more information.

I hope this suggestion helps you to be able to continue work without any issues!

Kind regards,

Dani Benjamin
Technical Support Engineer