Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

CineRender draws the wrong color

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does CineRender somehow go into the Graphisoft factory setting to get color info? I did a new/reset. Made an object with the surface "finish 1" (a bright turquoise), then changes Finish 1 to a dark gray. In the 3D window the object is dark gray. CineRender will only render it as Turquoise! What's going on?
6 REPLIES 6
Eduardo Rolon
Have you updated the CineRender settings?
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't see this in my PhotoRendering Settings window - how do I get there?
Eduardo Rolon
It is not in CineRender it is in the Surface settings.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
that did not do it - still turquoise

Thanks for the tip!
Eduardo Rolon
Just to be clear that it did not work:
• You had a turquoise material that showed correctly using the Internal Engine and in CR
• Then you edited the turquoise to grey and since it shows correctly in the 3D Window I presume you edited the Surface Color in Internal Render.
• If this is the case then IR will be gray but CR will still be turquoise since CR does not update automatically unless you use the Match Settings option.
-----
• That being said if CR remains turquoise even after using Match Settings then it might be that the material has a Texture with that color so changing the Surface Color will not change it until you edit the Texture or remove it.
----
• Also it might be possible that you need to move the camera a little bit to force a refresh.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
never had a texture, moved the sun, moved the camera - still turquoise...