Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Create sun study generating wrong timestamp

jkershaw
Enthusiast

Every sun study I create outputs the same timestamp - 3/21/2018.

Only the date in the timestamp is wrong. AC is rendering the sun/shadows based on the correct date that is inputted into the "Create Sun Study" dialog box, but the timestamp in the resulting MP4 is always showing the same date.

Anyone have a solution? 

Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 11.53.23 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-04 at 11.52.50 AM.png
AC26 APPLE SILICON USA FULL 4032
Mac Studio 2022, Apple M1 Max, 64GB RAM
13.2 macOS Ventura
learning AC since version 4.5
8 REPLIES 8
Benjamin Dani
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hello,

I am very sorry to hear about the issue!

It seems like this is defect DEF-6453. According to the description of the defect, requesting the same video for the second time with the same parameters seems to solve the issue.
May I ask you to give it a try and let us know if it works?

Kind regards,

Dani Benjamin
Technical Support Engineer

Thank you for the response.

Per your instructions, I tested as follows:

I created a sun study using the default 3/21/2018.

I then created a second sun study with the exact same parameters.

Finally, I adjusted the date to 6/21/2018 and created a third sun study.

The output date is the same in all three studies: 3/21/18.

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 11.04.43 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-11 at 11.04.33 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-11 at 11.04.20 AM.png
13.2 macOS Ventura
Karl Ottenstein

This seems to be an existing bug (as @Benjamin Dani  mentions) and as Minh mentions in this older thread:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Document-Visualize-forum/Sun-Study-time-stamp-doesn-t-match-conf...

@jkershaw in all of the good info in your signature, you don't seem to say what version/build you're running when this happens?  According to the other thread, the workaround only seems to work in certain language versions.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Oops - I should have looked harder for that thread before posted. 

Added build info to signature

13.2 macOS Ventura
Daniel Ward
Booster

Hi Guys, for me the Create Sun Study is completely broken.

In AC25 it will only create sun studies for 20/10/2018, no matter what date I enter, whether the time stamp is used or not.

In AC26 I can create sun studies for any date, but only if I don't include the date on the time stamp. So I can create a sun study for July 1st 2022 with no time stamp or with time stamp only, no problem, but as soon as I include the 'date' in the time stamp it goes back to creating the 20/10/2018 sun studies.

I've just wasted a whole day trying to get a quick sun study done only to find it's obviously been broken for quite some time....

Best regards, Dan.

+MAP Architects, Christchurch - New Zealand
ArchiCAD 4.12 - ArchiCAD 27 || Octane for ArchiCAD
i9-12900KF - 64Gb RAM - Gigabyte RTX 3080 12Gb - Window 11

Dan - "I feel your pain"

I was able to produce the correct date AND correct timestamp in AC25 by running the same sun study twice in a row. Set everything in the dialog box. Run the sun study - it will be wrong - throw it away. Then run another one with the exact same settings. That one *should* be correct. 

It's a pain to have to run it twice, but it worked for me. Hope that helps.

13.2 macOS Ventura
Ben D
Contributor

I have this same problem in AC25. havent tested AC 26.

When I open up a sun study, the date is always reset to 21/3/2018 nomatter what I set it to previously.  the times and other parameters seem to be retained from whatever I last set and seem to work ok.  rerunning the same set of params multiple times always gives me 21/3/2018 regardless of everything else.   this is with AC25 6005 AUS FULL, on a high end intel iMac.

I've wasted half a day on this.  This functionality used to work with no problems, and this bug was reported nearly a year ago.  it's crazy that it is still broken.

I did some more testing - this appears to only be a problem with teamwork files.  I tested a non teamwork file and it had no issues.  I need to try a different teamwork file to see if it all teamwork files, or only some.