BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Curves are Being Simplified in 2D & 3D.

sonicsid
Participant
Im creating complex profiles that have curved elements, and the curves are being simplified when I see them in sections, details and sometimes 3D. I have checked my settings in the work environment and I have 2D and 3D Antialiasing ticked and have my 2D Drawing Hardware Acceleration and Memory Usage set to Full and High. I have also played around with other settings, restart my archicad and can't find a solution.

A simple extruded circle looks more like an octagon. Its jut frustrating when it comes to drawing 1:5 details and I have to re draw circles with fills over the modelled element. The circle actually looks like a circle in the complex profile manager.
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
What is the size of that circle?
Is it really small, like a few centimeters or millimeters?
Does the same problem occur with much larger circles?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
sonicsid
Participant
LaszloNagy wrote:
What is the size of that circle?
Is it really small, like a few centimeters or millimeters?
Does the same problem occur with much larger circles?
In that particular case it was a 1" Diameter circle (25mm), but it also happens with larger circles like 12" Diameter. The facets are just less noticeable unless you zoom in.
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

The resolution of curve segmentation has been discussed in detail in this Topic:
https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=61845#p285700

You can also see my explanation about how it works in general there.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Regarding the 1:5 scale details part of your post:

Instead of redrawing for your 1:5 detail, you could copy and paste the fills from the complex profile.

Our complex profiles are ussually slightly simplified from our 1:5 details for more clarity at larger scales. You may find that keeping your model at about 1:50 / 1:20 scale level of detail will save time and that for 1:5 details it is handy to copy and paste from other projects and adjust, rather than starting from scratch from lines and fills pulled from the model with placed detail markers.

With trace and reference it is easy to check your detail with the model and adjust where needed.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!