Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Deciduous Trees 18 in 3D

Rick Thompson
Expert
I am trying to do a quick rendering with trees using the internal engine. I can not get the trees to show up other than a black billboard. With Open GL they show up fine, but with a black line around the box. So, both are useless. Is there anything I am missing to make this work?

Screen Shot 2014-08-08 at 4.21.40 PM.png
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
What settings are you using for Physical Render? For us we are getting a high level of artifacts with the Palm Tree Image Props?

Any insight appreciated.
Anonymous
Not applicable
What we have discovered is that if you give any of the plants a transparency then the Cinerender does not know how to handle, you have to keep them all at 100% but then in OpenGL with Shadows they cast large blocks of shadows not one that matches the plant.
Stan wrote:
What we have discovered is that if you give any of the plants a transparency then the Cinerender does not know how to handle, you have to keep them all at 100% but then in OpenGL with Shadows they cast large blocks of shadows not one that matches the plant.

Yes, for the some weird reason, giving (trees and plants, especially) some transparency (which is normal in renders to have trees in front of your building slightly transparent to not completely obscure the building), also gives them some acute refractive properties that completely screws up what shows through with it.