BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Displaying door information (e.g: fire rating) on plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone know a simple way to display a particular listing parameter such as the fire rating of a door on the floor plan next to individual doors?
You can type in 'FD30(s) ' etc in the fire section of the doors ArchiFM & listing parameters so that it appears in a schedule but I would like this information on the plan as well.

Any thoughts anyone?

Wavy davy @ csparchitects
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
In AC8, you can assign a parametric label to each door and window. If you laways use the same parameter to encode those datas, you'll be able to display them with the doormarker : you'll have to edit an existing label and add the code to the GDL script to display the value of this parameter.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Geoffroy,

Thanks for your help. I think I'm going to need to get into GDL! (Unless anyone has a custom label they want to share!)

WavyDavy@CSPArchitects
Anonymous
Not applicable
'you'll have to edit an existing label and add the code to the GDL script to display the value of this parameter'.

I think the point here is that we shouldn't need to go into GDL to do something as basic as display a 'doors status' on plan. And what about door and window numbers in section/elevation?
Anonymous
Not applicable
csparchitects; Something I have been after as well, I found a get around as follows;
open door parameter settings.
select dimension marker menu.
go custom text.
go custom cill height.
go cill valur and type in for eg FD30S.

make sure in marker options that show cill is on.
you will need to drag text toward opening on plan, but is acceptable I think
Learn and get certified!