BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Does Fit to Skin still not work with standard elements ( wall, slab, roof. etc.) in section?

AlexV
Booster

Only with composites and custom profiles? 

Attached is a section.

Namnlös.png

5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly

It certainly works with standard walls - they don't have to be composite or complex profile.

BarryKelly_0-1662944150371.png

So long as your building material is using a fill that is set as 'Fit to skin'.

BarryKelly_1-1662944303876.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hey Barry, 

I guess you posted a plan view, how about a section with those walls? Does it still work as it should?

In the pic I posted, I am using the same building material , with fit to skin, on 3 different combinations, out of which the regular wall + roof doesn’t work.

You are correct that was a plan view, and it doesn't work in sections.

The fill also does not run along the height of the wall, whereas with a composite it does and is fitted to skin

BarryKelly_0-1662960645824.png

I have no idea why it is this way.

Simple solution though would be to make a composite with a single skin.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Yeah, that was what I was pointing out.. it doesn't fully work ( if it's not working in section) I knew about this issue for a while.. just hoping it had been solved.

I thought about the solution you proposed with a single-skin composite, but it's clumbersome, it's an unnecessary complication, and it doesn't work in other cases - for example if I build a curtain wall with a custom panel for a shadowbox...

Can we change the title of the post to add that it's "not working in section "? I realize it's not clear what I meant.

@AlexV wrote:

Can we change the title of the post to add that it's "not working in section "? I realize it's not clear what I meant.

Done (you can edit you own posts at any time by going into the options (3 dots)).

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
Learn and get certified!