Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Drawing views dropped into Layout View are coming in rotated but View Map is not rotated

4hotshoes
Advisor

I have never come across this problem before and I cannot figure out where the setting is to change it. I am placing a plan from the View Map to a Layout sheet and the plan is coming in rotated 90 degrees. Where is the setting to stop it from doing that? I have looked extensively. It has become the default on this project somehow.

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
3 REPLIES 3

Select the drawing tool from the tool palette. Open the settings and there will be an option in there to rotate the drawing. Set that to 0 and then place your view again. It should come in as you intend. I’ve set up a favourite to reset the rotation. I’ve never found out why it does it but it does occasionally. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

It was at "0", there is nothing to change. O have tried that and changed it but that is not it. What else?

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
JeffH
Enthusiast

If you have any views placed that are at the correct orientation, if you eyedrop the view and then try to place the view, is it still coming in rotated?

that has solved the issue in the past for me.

AC24 / AC26
Win10