Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Element ID Management > Sort Order (AC14)

Scott Bulmer
Booster
Greetings,

Using the Element ID Manager in renumbering doors or windows for an entire building, I believe I formerly would select the doors or windows in the order I wanted them renumbered in, then applied the ID reassignment. Now in AC14 I cannot get this to work. No matter which direction I select the doors/windows to sort in, the sorting always returns an inverted result. In other words renumbering 5 doors to start at D07 will result in the first door being reassigned D12.

Process: Select doors/windows in the desired order of renumbering. In Element ID Manager Sort Elements 'Element ID', then ID Format input the starting value.

The result is always inverted so not sure what I'm doing wrong. Thanks for any thoughts. Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
10 REPLIES 10
Erika Epstein
Booster
Hi Scott,
I'm getting the correct results here.

I haven't seen this in a while, but you if you clicked on the 'change ID button it used to reverse the numbering order.

In you Work Environment>More Options> Auto ID increase, is this unchecked? If unchecked it would give them all the same ID number, but you could try toggling this setting.

Are you getting the same results numbering doors and other elements?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Hi Erika,

Good thought regarding toggling the checkbox, however the issue is still present after execution.

I have tried reassigning both door and window IDs with the same result. No matter if the ID to change is the first or last element selected in a series, the desired resulting sequence is always wrong.

I have not tested this in 12 or 13, but recall that I used to do this all the time without problems.

Anyway, thanks again for your ideas. I am thinking this may be a bug.
Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Scott Bulmer
Booster
More testing/update:

I just tried to reassign zone numbers using the ID Manager. Nothing happens.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Scott,
Probably you did this, but:
Go to the ID Format tab. Here is where you set the alphanumeric options and tell it which number to start from.

HTH
ID format.jpg
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Indeed I did that. Something is haywire. I have New & Reset but still get the same results. Thanks for your response!
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Very strange. I recently did the same task (renumber doors) using this concept and it went the way I wanted it to each time...

Also, I wanted to point out that if you make your ORDERED SELECTION... go to the SAVE SELECTION palette and save it... next time you want to number again, you can load this selection with the same order...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
vfrontiers wrote:
Very strange. I recently did the same task (renumber doors) using this concept and it went the way I wanted it to each time...

Also, I wanted to point out that if you make your ORDERED SELECTION... go to the SAVE SELECTION palette and save it... next time you want to number again, you can load this selection with the same order...
I do not understand the "save selection" comment?
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Depending on how your Work Environ is set up... there is a PALETTE called SELECTIONS.. If you call this up, you can select a bunch of stuff and hit SAVE SELECTION in this palette.. Come back later and click on this in the SELECTIONS PALETTE and everything will be selected again.

Per my tests, it does maintain the ORDER in which you selected them, so using this technique to select doors to renumber should give good results after a door goes away (for example)...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
vfrontiers wrote:
Per my tests, it does maintain the ORDER in which you selected them, so using this technique to select doors to renumber should give good results after a door goes away (for example)...
What if you ADD a door or window in the middle of the selection set.