Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Fill show incorrectly

KeesW
Advocate
I have been fighting Archicad for the last few weeks and think that it is winning!

I used the fill tools to add 300x300mm tile fill on a working drawing I am doing. Used before in AC23 it showed correctly. Used here in AC24 it simply doesn't. Two issues - does it look like 300x300 to you? Also, why doesn't fill always show? My attached extract from drawing shows what I mean The tiles, though shown wrongly, appear on my path but not on the landing outside the door. Simple requirement but I cannot understand why the fill doesn't show. Is there another fill already? How can I find it - I've looked! Ggggrrrr!
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
Hi Kees,
You have managed to turn off the 'Vectorial Hatching' option off in the 'On Screen Display Options'.
So you are actually seeing the bitmap image of the fill.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
runxel
Legend
Also it looks like the drawing order might be a culprit.
Your pathway fill appears to be behind another fill (or slab, or...).
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
KeesW
Advocate
Barry & Runxel

You are both brilliant! You are right. Silly me. I guess I don't do enough drafting to recognize these errors when they occur. Thank you.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU