Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

How to get alpha channel for background masking with LW?

Anonymous
Not applicable
How to get alpha channel for background masking with LW?
Maybe somebody knows!
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Part II.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Part III. Result.
This is tiff file compressed with ZIP. This file included excellent alpha channel mask for background. Now with bitmap editor eg. Photoshop or PSP (I use last), we can extract alpha channel and add to LW image.
Regards
Paweł
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know but probably all problem background alpha channel is related with Graphic Card! Today I tested AC in office where is installed GForce - and alpha channel is missed. This same project rendered in my home where is installed ATI 9200 - I have got alpha channel. Is it possible? Work environment is this same on both machines, materials and others options too.

Regards
Paweł
Anonymous
Not applicable
The steps you described are exactly the same I did with my rendering, but alpha is still missing. I don't know if it is the video card - I was trying this at home with NVidia GForce II. Anyway, is it a silly bug that makes me go to Max (in fact it made me go to Max a long time ago).

By the way,Pawel, it is better if you use Targa instead of Tiff+. It comes without background then you open it in Photoshop and saves you several steps like loading selections and so on.