Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

How to render faster/using gpu(video card)

Anonymous
Not applicable
currently i am using archicad 19 to do some high quality renderings. It takes me 8 hours in final quality although i have a high performance pc. I know archicad uses cpu for the rendrings. Is there a way to do the renderings with video card so to become faster? if i cant use the video card for renderings can anybody suggest other ways for faster and high quality renderings?
my pc specs are : cpu --->>intel core i7 - 3770
ram-->> 16 gb
ssd-->> ocz vector 128 gb
gpu-->> Amd R9-290
1 REPLY 1
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Octane render works with ArchiCAD, that uses GPU for rendering.

It's hard to say anything about the 8 hours, without knowing model details, render settings etc.

If it's a true final render for some billboard or presentation flyer, that doesn't seem unreasonable (if it is a detailed model).

If it's just for one of many client presentation, I would consider looking for a way to present the work that takes less time. For simple presentation it should be entirely possible to produce something that takes at most 30 minutes. That steers away from trying to be hyper photorealistic, but you may find that it is not needed at that stage.

BIMx and some 3D document views could even be enough for that.

If I were doing a true final render presentation for some sales brochure, for example, I'd spent about 8 hours dressing up the model and the environment around it and another 8 hours of rendering and finishing the work in Photoshop, provided the client is willing to pay that amount of billable hours 😉
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5