Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Interacive schedules and marker text

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am attempting to set up a door schedule for my firm through the interactive schedule tool. Is there a way to get the text that shows up in the dimension marker to show up on the schedule? I tried using the "marker text" parameter, but it shows nothing for the markers using the room and id number and shows "custom" for the ones that i had to manually enter the room and door numbers. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Abby wrote:
I am attempting to set up a door schedule for my firm through the interactive schedule tool. Is there a way to get the text that shows up in the dimension marker to show up on the schedule? I tried using the "marker text" parameter, but it shows nothing for the markers using the room and id number and shows "custom" for the ones that i had to manually enter the room and door numbers. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Use a door marker that allows you to use the door ID as the text. This is easily displayed and modified in the IS. I just did four door & window schedules this way yesterday. It is a great way to double check that all the doors and windows are sized correctly and ID'd properly, and to fix them if they are not. It's pretty quick too.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your quick response!

I am using the marker that displays both the door id and the room number (which is pulled from the zone number). I tried using the "marker text" parameter in the interactive schedule so that the text displayed in the door dimension marker would be listed on the door schedule, but it either stays blank, or pulls up "custom" if i have entered in custom text. Is there any other way that you have found to have the automatic text from the marker show up in the schedule? I know that i could change the door id to contain both the door id and the room number, but i would lose the automatic room renumbering capability that i get from utilizing the zones and it gets bulky.

Thank you!
Anonymous
Not applicable
My workaround to getting both the Room ID and Door ID into the Interactive Schedule was to creat two columns, "Room" - the Zone ID and "Mark" the Door ID. Sorted by Zone ID they come up in the right order.

It's not perfect but works.

Alex Thompson
San Francisco, CA
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks! I hadn't even seen the zone number under general before. It works!
FuzzyWill
Newcomer
I'm having this same issue. The workaround is okay, but then you don't get the benifit of the zone being defined by the marker location rather than the door paramets.

Seems a little redundant to have two columns when Archicad is already compiling the Zone # and Door ID together to create the marker text.

Anyone else have a solution?
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Just wanted to post my current frustration.

Linking door ID to zones SUCKS.... it never fails that one way or another a bunch of doors simply will NOT pick up the correct zone...

Add in the RENOVATION filter (just for fun, go read the manual on zones and renovation filter workflow; it's funny)...
and you might as well just hang it up.

Sorry, but I spent a whole day screwing around with zones and doors and SWINGS and moving reference bubbles and throwing things and cursing... I am going to use CUSTOM all the time now and type in my own location...

And the argument that "It works for MOST of them" is not good enough...

To me, it's very simple... Give me a roving HOTSPOT (like the zone tool has)... Where ever I put that is the zone that is used for BOTH the linked zone(the one the database knows about) and room ID-Zone(the one the reference bubble knows about).[BTW- why are these even different; and they are cuz my schedule proved it)...

Ok, I'm done now... Back to work.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
FuzzyWill
Newcomer
Where ever I put that is the zone that is used for BOTH the linked zone(the one the database knows about) and room ID-Zone(the one the reference bubble knows about).[BTW- why are these even different; and they are cuz my schedule proved it)...
HEAR HEAR!