Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Layout total number

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't find a topic about the total number pages in a layout topic sense I gratudated high school, thought it would be quick to ask. I am working on a master template for my company and we want to have two different books for projects. One 11x17 and the other 24x36. Is there a way to have the total pages for the layout not add them all together? IE 11x17 has 10 pages and the 24x36 has the same 10 pages just well bigger and not have the total of pages 20.
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
There are two ways I can think of.

One is to have both set of layout pages in your template.
Once you start on a job and decide what size layout page you want simply delete the other.

The second is to use an 'Autotext reference'
Place a drawing on the last page of your layout set (or you can use an existing drawing).
I created a PDF file of some text that explains the process that I use and I place that as a drawing.
The advantage of this is that you move it to any page rather than using an existing drawing that you want on a specific page.
Select this drawing and right click to set it as an Autotext Reference.

To be continued...
set_as_autotext_ref.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry Kelly
Now you create your text and use the autotext option.
Choose "Reference for..... whatever your drawing was called" and then choose the "Layout Number Ref" to show the page that it is located on.

Now if you need to you can move this to any other layout page and your autotext will adjust to show that page number.

It is not really totalling the pages - just showing the page number it is located on.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You are basically looking for number of Layouts in a Subset (without workarounds).
There were other topics and even a long-standing wish about this:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=86434

Wish:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=40402
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear All,

let me try the insert autotext Barry suggests. That could well be it.