Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Leaf Dimensions parameters Window Schedule

Samuel1997
Booster

Welcome to a new week everyone, question for the wise. I created some custom properties last week to modify the representation of window/door dimensions in the window schedule. However i went to make the same changes to the "Leaf Dimensions" representation, and was frustrated to find no parameters to use within the properties selections. The Schedule has an addable field / parameter which is titled "Leaf Dimensions" , but there is no further options that the W/D has (Nominal W/D Opening Height on the reveal side" for instance.  and the "Leaf Dimensions" Parameter doesn't even show when within the property manager. 

Any Ideas? I'm hoping you guys know of a workaround for this (happy for the challenge of scripting if required).

Kind Regards Samuel H

AC24
Win11 | 12th gen i-7 | 32GB | RTX 3070 Ti
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

If I understand it correctly, you are trying to use a Library Part parameter when creating an Expression-defined Property. Unfortunately, Library Part parameters are not available for use in Expression-defined Properties. It is a functionality that has been wishes for multiple times.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Hey laszlo , thanks for getting back to me.

And ive attached two images below for reference, 

I understand that library part parameters are unable to be used in expressions, but i am confused as the "Leaf Dimensions" Parameter that i am referring to is actually within the parameters & properties field, not the "library part parameters field". Evidently the data is available, but for some reason is hidden. Is there information available on how the GDL of Archicad interfaces work specifically - not just GDL objects. Trying to learn how Archicad decides to list those options specifically and why, within the scheme / property manager interface, because it cant be specific object based?

Sorry to be a pain, but this type of information is difficult to find.

Parameters & Properties.pngScheme Settings.png

AC24
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

I see, you are right, that specific parameter is not a Library Part parameter.

However, it is still not available for Property Expressions.

There are certain parameters (not this one) that are not available for Property Expressions because the 3D model would have to be generated to calculate their value and that would take too much time so there are performance considerations behind their unavailability.

However, I speculate that the "Leaf Dimensions" parameter is not available for another reason and that reason is that it is not a single value (e.g. 900 mm) that could be used in Expressions. It is a text (string) value (e.g. 900x2100) that is composed of other parameters. Maybe this is why this and several other parameters (e.g. Egress Dimensions, Reveal Dimensions, Unit Dimensions) are not available for Property Expressions. This is not 100% certain but this is my educated guess.

Okay no issues with that, the combined parameters within a text string would make it unusable which i had considered when theorizing my outcome, which is what leads into trying to find out how the scheme is listing a combined "leaf dimension" string, when the door macro only has leaf width & leaf height parameters listed separately - like how are the parameters that are selectable in the scheme created, and can you create additional ones? if there is a parameter combing the data, then surely it can be reduced to its basic form and seperated?

i just cant see a difference in making a "Door Leaf Width" & "Door leaf Height"parameters individually the same as the "W/D Opening width" & W/D opening Height" parameters that are selectable in the property manager. 

Thanks Laszlo

AC24
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Yes, I don't know why some of those parameters are available both as Listing Parameters and Parameters available for Property expressions, or how it is decided.

In the case of the "Leaf Dimensions" parameters, I think what happens is The Interactive Schedule Add-On takes the Nominal Leaf Width and Nominal Leaf Height parameters of the Door library part and ads some text in the middle to generate the value displayed in the "Leaf Dimensions" schedule field.

If you think certain parameters should be available for Property expressions you can make a wish for it.