Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Line Angle Sensitivity

JKL
Contributor
Is there a way to set the sensitivity of line angles?
For example, When I draw a line in Archicad, it will read as 90 degrees. When I export to DWG and send to a coworker, the line will read as 89.781572 degrees in PowerCADD, and is not straight. We have measured and measured, and it has to be a sensitivity issue. I can't however, seem to find anywhere to fix it. Any thoughts?!
Designer

Mac

Archicad 26
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Podolsky
Ace
Very possible that line WAS drawn in ArchiCAD on the able, mentioned in another CAD. Just because it's 89.7... and angle dimensions are set to show only numbers before point - ArchiCAD is rounding it to 90 degrees.
Try to draw your lines holding Shift key - you will get strict 90, 180 and 270 degrees. Also switch on two decimals in angle dimensions and working units - then you will get better picture on the angle.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Podolsky
Ace
Very possible that line WAS drawn in ArchiCAD on the able, mentioned in another CAD. Just because it's 89.7... and angle dimensions are set to show only numbers before point - ArchiCAD is rounding it to 90 degrees.
Try to draw your lines holding Shift key - you will get strict 90, 180 and 270 degrees. Also switch on two decimals in angle dimensions and working units - then you will get better picture on the angle.
JKL
Contributor

The decimals in working units was the key! Thanks!

Designer

Mac

Archicad 26