Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Making a Layout sheet in black and white with grey fills

jss
Contributor

This is basic.  Archicad 20 - My layout sheets show the pen colors that I use in my View Map drawings. I want to switch this to black and white. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
jss
Contributor

Great! Thank  you

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein

See:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Document-Visualize-forum/DEFAULT-PEN-SET-FOR-DRAWINGS/m-p/251849

Typically, you would have created a pen set designed for printing, and this would become the default pen set for Drawings (via the Drawing Tool during placement).  If drawings are already placed as in your case, just select the drawing, go to Settings and change the pen set.

Beside giving you control over black, grey, white and perhaps spot color, a pen set for printing (assigned to Drawings on a Layout) gives you print specific control over line weights should you see something that you want bolder or narrower at some scale.

To start off by maintaining your line weights from your working pen set, just duplicate that, then change the colors to black/grey as needed.  Note that you can select multiple pens at once - it isn't necessary to modify them one by one.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Solution
jss
Contributor

Great! Thank  you

Hello, Could you help me with one more question?

My husband uses Archicad 20 and double clicks the mouse to edit text. He cannot right click the mouse due to his hand does not work properly. This double click option has suddenly stopped working and we cannot figure out how/where to find the  option to bring it back.  If you have an answer it would be much appreciated.  Thank you Jill