BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PDF exported - It's to heavy

Hi I'm using new function on facades drawings  - Surface Textures And Soft Shadows. 

It's very nice but when I opening this file is take ages after export and when I sent it to customer he cannot open. ( attached in link )

How can I optimise and keep nice looking ? 

For example I turn off trees but I don't get it why I have to sacrifice them.

I know I can use other trees just for section but is't quite annoying. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z4BWjuR1mIG-SNWyEFxAFXnCEF3pKukM/view?usp=sharing 

My question is what Can I do and change to get smaller file and not that heavy ?

Is there any setting how can I sett that I want to have tree 2D just outlines ?
Skärmavbild 2022-02-17 kl. 10.49.34.jpg

Why this drawings have just 61 kb and my section have 16 MB  ? without tree still 4,6 MBSkärmavbild 2022-02-17 kl. 10.46.51.jpg

Skärmavbild 2022-02-17 kl. 10.51.09.jpg

Thanks for any advice 🙂

AC 7 - 27 SWE

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020),

3,6 GHz 10-Core intel Core i9, 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB
5 REPLIES 5
Jan Vlach
Advocate

Im not on 25 as of yet, however I had ran into similair isuues when exporting axonometric drawing from older versions of Archicad. The problem for me was that Archicad orients the vector hatches for each individual surface. This results in more vectors than adobe acrobat could handle. I suspect it does something similair when aplying the shadow to your highly polygonal trees. To counter this I would either use a bitmap "billboard style" tree from the library - you can easily replace the current ones and maintain the simbol in 2d or add 2d foiliage to your cuts and turn of the trees in sections / exterior views. 3D trees look ugly in sections anyway.

From Archicad 8.5 all the way to the present.
Passionate Autocad hater as well.
Wish to save palets and menus individualy in work enviroments:
https://bit.ly/3pg3Bx7

Thanks that's very interesting.
It solving halve of my problems what I still trying to figured out. 

Can I preset how to export to PDF because size is not just problem but the problem with be able to open in Acrobat Reader.

Because if I turn off all trees is still quite heavy for opening in Acrobat Reader

Thanks for good advice I can fix the trees i guess with other trees just want know If I have to have two types of tree for it.

AC 7 - 27 SWE

3,6 GHz 10-Core intel Core i9, 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB

If the problem is what I pinpointed - e.g. lots of vectors to be calculated by acrobat, then I fear there is a little that can be done to help it. However, when looking at the images atached it seems as a rather simple scene. One thing that could work, is to open the PDF in photoshop,if you have access to it and rasterize it to high DPI. For me PS always took its sweet time but ultimately succeded in producing the desired Jpeg. I can however understand why that might not work for you.

From Archicad 8.5 all the way to the present.
Passionate Autocad hater as well.
Wish to save palets and menus individualy in work enviroments:
https://bit.ly/3pg3Bx7

Big thaks I understand just I don't get it why this Archicad can't handle it

BTW: Opening in PS was such bad idea 😅 I tried it to open and it crash it because it need more than 60GB just for opening 16 mb PDF 🤦‍

IMG_0745.jpeg

AC 7 - 27 SWE

Hi is here someone from AchiCAD ?  

There must be some problem how Archicad exporting PDF

I got PDF from Archicad but I can't use it because is too heavy just for opening.

In PDF is such many lines and points what I don't need it.

- I'm using Archicad objects and very simple structures.

- Any complicate structural ( trees are from Achicad library )

- Facades are set from Archicad settings

- Export PDF is from publishing PDF

- PDF have 16MB 
- There is nothing why this export shouldn't be able to be open in PDF reader or other PDF reader

P.S.: If I skip trees it's better but still it's quite heavy and also it's quite pitty that I can have trees in my drawings.

AC 7 - 27 SWE

Learn and get certified!