BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Place multiple Renders on a Layout

Anonymous
Not applicable
i have a layout with a grid for drawing placement method. is an A3 split in two, so it fits two small renders.

First of all when i place 2 render views on the layout they each go to its own cell but they dont fit in the paper. I can select them both and do-- Fit to Grid Cell, they fit in the paper but now they go in the center of the paper as a whole and not their cells.

Further, i would like to drop 20 renders and get 10 layouts with 2 renders each, nicely centered in their cells.

Is this something for a wishlist?
1 REPLY 1
Podolsky
Ace
It happens because when your render/drawing is bigger than cell - it takes several cells (two, four) and fits to them. So, you need first scale your render image to make smaller than a cell size and after use command - fit to grid cell.
Another good technique to place quickly drawings/renders on many layouts (when you need to place many of them with same parameters/position/scale) is first to make copy of first layout with placed drawings/renders in Publisher and after using Drawing Manager to relink your drawings/renders.
Or just select your drawing, right mouse button click, select from dropdown menu 'Link Drawing to'.
Learn and get certified!