BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Plotmaker Navigator Palette - # of lbks

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm wondering why there is a minus sign next to the 'name.lbk' in the Plotmaker Navigator Palette? Does this suggest that I can have multiple 'lbks' in a single file? I sure wouldn't mind that.

I'd like to have a single plotting file that can hold each of the revision verisons. So while working with the conceptual stuff, I can print that set. But when I get to prelims and finals, I still want the copy of the conceptuals.

I know I can do this with multiple files, but I want it within a single plotmaker file.

Is this possible?
5 REPLIES 5
TomWaltz
Participant
It's telling you that the Layout Book is expanded. Plotmaker does the same for every folder and layout. If you click on the minus sign, it will hide the contents of the layout book and turn into a plus sign.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok - for the individual sheets, I find this invaluable - the ability to 'minus' or 'collapse' that sheet and all of its contents. But why on the actual book name? What possible advantage could be gained by collapsing it? When I collapse mine, all I get is a really big white space where the sheets used to be. Is there any other purpose to the ability to collapse a book name?

It would seem that you should be able to collapse the 'prelim.lbk' book so that you could see all of the 'final.lbk' book - etc. etc. etc.

Is there any other purpose?
TomWaltz
Participant
sirduncan wrote:
ok - for the individual sheets, I find this invaluable - the ability to 'minus' or 'collapse' that sheet and all of its contents. But why on the actual book name? What possible advantage could be gained by collapsing it? When I collapse mine, all I get is a really big white space where the sheets used to be. Is there any other purpose to the ability to collapse a book name?

It would seem that you should be able to collapse the 'prelim.lbk' book so that you could see all of the 'final.lbk' book - etc. etc. etc.

Is there any other purpose?
It's just convenience. From a programming standpoint, it's a lot easier to make everything collapse than it is to make everything except for one collapse.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok - that makes sense. Any idea if its on the wish list?
TomWaltz
Participant
I don't think so.... but I'd be shocked it Plotmaker could ever open more than one book. It runs slow enough now!
Tom Waltz
Learn and get certified!