Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Question about Auto-text (layout #)

Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried searching for this but didn't find anything. We have a big project (different layout subsets) And we use our own master for each page and a layout number and total page number (i.e. 2 of 5) on the master. So here is our question: Can you have the auto text reset for each new subset
14 REPLIES 14
bouhmidage
Advisor
Thanks guys ! that was helpful so much

even in archiCAD 21 this still need to be tweaked 😕
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects
Barry Kelly
Archicad 21 now has a new autotext for 'layout number in subset' where you can choose the subset you want to use.

There are a lot of new autotext entries in 21.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm using the #LayNoInSubset to get the layout number on a specific subset. But the issue is, since that autotext property is linked to the subset you choose on the list, I have problems when I use the same Master Layout on a different subset (which is very important because I'm creating several subsets with the same Master)

It would be much better if the LaySubset number is auto-detected, otherwise I'd have to make a new Master for every subset, only to change that tiny thing, since the rest of the information is the same. And that's a workaround that would end up in dozens of pretty much identical masters.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I guess it would be hard for nested subsets. Which one does it detect?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
When you open the list, you can select any of the current subsets on the file, but the autotext displays equally regardless of what you choose (#LayNoInSubset) so from the beginning is quite confusing. Then when you are on a layout of the subset you chose, it effectively shows the number of the plan within the layout, buy if you use the same master outside of that subset, the text is only shown as "#LayNoInSubset"