BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Question about PDFs

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone explain to me why a correctly created PDF (created with the CTRL+Shift+S) doesn't print correctly and leaves out some of the fills? The PDF itself was properly generated but when printed on paper, some fills were missing.
3 REPLIES 3
Hello anto_bg,

You have to check if your pdf reader is able to read correctly Adobe Postscript files and then if your print device is Adobe Postscript 3 certified.

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
runxel
Legend
What happens with PDFs made via the publisher?
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know about the publisher. I never liked it....The produced PDFs were fine but as Christophe said the printing device must be certified....maybe this was the problem in the printing center. They were also baffled. Luckily, they agreed to reprint them because one of their printers didn't print them correctly while the other device printed them flawlessly.
Learn and get certified!