Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Rendering Shoot Out 2005?

Anonymous
Not applicable
With all this talk about lightworks, artlantis 5 and archilumos 2, it would be great to see a rendering shoot out similar to what; Mark B, Dwight amongst others organised a few years ago.

We all know what; vray, cinema, lightwave can do thanks to the marvellous postings on this forum, but it would be great to see these "new" - mid range(?) renderers put through their paces.

How about it guys?

Hands up all that think this is a good idea? or better still fill in the poll
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
what happened to the poll?
stefan
Expert
Don't know what's up with the poll, but I would love a new ArchiCAD Shootout.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Dwight
Newcomer
Who cares about a poll?
I'll do it.
But not right now.
To be fair, users should be using the next go-round of applications:

ArchiCAD 9 with LightWorks
Artlantis 5. with TheWorks [claims to do everything.joke]
Cinema 9 [ooo baby.]
Archilumos 2. [some day soon]
And anything else they like.
And this could take until Christmas for the dust to settle. Certainly Max isn't totally dominant like last time.

We'll use the Japanese garden model I'm developing this week that has plenty of diffusion, translucency, refraction and reflection. Mainly a shadow study, but serene forms, too.

Mark "Supreme Marketeer" Burginger isn't available right now to stooge up big prizes like last time and it will be December before I can get around to it.

So stay posted.

Any comments?

BTW: We promise to do a better job of classifying materials for export, addressing the chief complaint from last time. And the model will be polygonally small for easy attachment to e-mail messages - you'll provide your own foliage objects.
Dwight Atkinson
Lets have competition for best Sketch Render as well as Photo-realistic Rendering, and a category that would include any kind of composition that can be made using ArchiCAD only. Photo-realistic images merged into shaded images, line drawings, and sketches, then saved again as a background, and added to again. Something that will test the limits of what you can do with ArchiCAD.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Dwight
Newcomer
Thank you for the suggestion.

In view of the fact that my lectures until now have encouraged ArchiCAD illustrators away from photo "realism," [real fakeyism]We'll have an alternative presentation category that is intended to convey overall feeling and not dwell on details. This should encapsulate all the other ways one might show off a design including Sketch rendering.

What we will specify, as before, will be the model and viewpoint so that the composition of each entrant is identical. This still leaves plenty of leeway since a lot of guys made substantial substitutions last time - notably losing the moose head and flooding the building.
Dwight Atkinson

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!