BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Rendering Time Query

jbeckford
Participant

Hello, I am using the Physical Renderer in Archicad 25.  I am fairly new to rendering.  I have set a render up which has been calculating the Ambient Light in the scene for almost 6 hours. The clock is still ticking and there is no indication that anything has crashed. I intend to leave it overnight and see where it is in the morning. My question: Is this length of time normal when rendering a fairly complex model?  Thank you.

Archicad 25 (6005) | Mac OS 12.6 Monterey | iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch 2019) 3.7 GHz 6-core Intel i5 | 40GB 2667 MHz DDR4 | Radeon Pro 580X 8GB
2 REPLIES 2
Lingwisyer
Guru

This is a very hard question for anyone to possibly answer, but to help there be any chance, it would be good to provide some computer specs, possibly inserted into your forum signature, and some more details about the scene being rendered.

If you are on iOS, it will keep trying to render till your HDD is full, else if you are in Windows, it will go till it has consumed upto four times your RAM on your HDD. Either way, a renderer using virtual memory due to a lack of RAM is not ideal as HDDs are slow.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
jbeckford
Participant

I appreciate your response that is very helpful. Thank you.

Archicad 25 (6005) | Mac OS 12.6 Monterey | iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch 2019) 3.7 GHz 6-core Intel i5 | 40GB 2667 MHz DDR4 | Radeon Pro 580X 8GB
Learn and get certified!