Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Renovation filters for showing different alternatives.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I understand that you can use the renovation filters like a system to switch between several options for a project. Does anyone give any clue?
10 REPLIES 10
Barry Kelly
You can create your own renovation filters.
For example - Design 1, Design2, Design 3, etc.

The you can set your element to only show for a particular renovation filter.
This can include annotation as well as the 3D elements.

Then by switching the renovation filter, you will effectively be switching your designs.

It can get a little tricky, as when a particular filter is not active, you will not see any elements in it and you can't turn them all on at once to see what you have.

I also have used Graphic Overrides to highlight what is in a particular filter so you can easily see what belongs to the filter.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
The question is,

How can I set up the elements to be shown only in a relevant renovation filter.
Barry Kelly
darwinland wrote:
The question is,

In the properties setting of the element.

You must place the element first and then change the reno filter in the element settings or set the reno filter dialogue so all elements will be placed in the correct filter straight away.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, I was scared to death about this feature, but it is very useful and easy to use. It doesn't convert your drawing in a mess or drive you mad, like layers.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
At some point you might want to just save out different files for each variation though, in my experience.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
And remember that you can also select multiple elements and activate the "Edit Selection Set" Dialog (CTRL+SHIFT+T / CMD+OPT+T by default) and modify the "Show On Renovation Filter" field for all of them in a single step.

Barry wrote:
darwinland wrote:
The question is,

In the properties setting of the element.

reno_filter_show_on.jpg

You must place the element first and then change the reno filter in the element settings or set the reno filter dialogue so all elements will be placed in the correct filter straight away.

reno_filter_show_on_2.jpg

Barry.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I use renovation filter for a purpose of design alternatives very often. One thing I am missing is ability to turn the renovation filters on and off independently from each other. I often have multiple design alternatives in different places of my project and I would like to combine them on a layout.

Something similar to Named Layer Combinations but for renovation filters would be perfect and I guess not that difficult to implement.
Anonymous
Not applicable
in Tools Section and Elevation; Interior Elevation; Worksheet and Detail there is no possibility of using reconstruction filters and binding to them
Anonymous
Not applicable
Looks like another job for the Property Filter View Option