Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Schedule items disappearing and rows resizing upon updating drawings.

mi_jan
Enthusiast

Hi all,

TL; DR: I have been having a problem with some schedules where items go missing, and/or the row heights change in size when I update the drawings ( either updating the full set or individual drawings/schedules.)

The scheduled items go missing (Sometimes all of them other times only some items ) and/or the row height gets messed up. It doesn't happen always therefore I can’t recreate it every time after it happens to try to figure out what the problem is. One thing I have identified as a common denominator on all the projects where it happens is projects/files where I'm using various renovation filters. The Renovation filter option in the view settings for these schedules is set to "Show All".

Example 1: ( see screenshots below)
When I Update the whole set so that I can publish afterward; The Floor Plan Notes (schedule) in my Layout will only show the header and all the entries are missing but for some reason the door/window schedules on the same layout update fine. If I open the view of the Floor Plan Notes schedule, and update, most of the time it goes back to normal on the layout, other times it takes multiple attempts. Having to comb through the set to verify all my schedules are showing up correctly, and manually update the individual schedules that got messed up each time is really annoying, prone to human error, and not very BIMinimalistic; especially since sometimes it doesn’t happen so I think the problem has been solved; I update, publish, send the set, and end up looking like a fool when stuff is missing. ,

This image shows the schedule with all the items missing on the layout after updating the setThis image shows the schedule with all the items missing on the layout after updating the set
This image shows the Schedule when I click "Open Source View" showing how the items are not really missing in the view.This image shows the Schedule when I click "Open Source View" showing how the items are not really missing in the view.
This image shows the schedule's Scheme settings; In the criteria all I have is a simple "Option Set" property where I select in which of these views the scheduled elements will show up in. This way I don't have to worry about layers or element types.     In the "Fields" I have Two string properties to add the keynote and the description, and the last two are there just to help me organize things and modify where I want the elements to show up, but those fields get cropped in the layout.This image shows the schedule's Scheme settings; In the criteria all I have is a simple "Option Set" property where I select in which of these views the scheduled elements will show up in. This way I don't have to worry about layers or element types. In the "Fields" I have Two string properties to add the keynote and the description, and the last two are there just to help me organize things and modify where I want the elements to show up, but those fields get cropped in the layout.
The properties that I'm scheduling in these examples are taken from a CONTRABIM keynotes video

Example 2: ( See video )  
In this example, I have a schedule that is scheduling items on different renovation filters. In the video; When I update the drawing/schedule you can see how upon completion some of the items go missing. In this case, all of the Demo items go missing except for item D16 that happens to be on a locked layer. I then Open the source view to go into my schedule, and I find all the items there, but the row size gets messed up, I then proceed to press the "Resize rows to fit content" button to fix the size, go back into the layout, update, and things go missing again. I re-did the previous steps, and it fixed itself on the second try, but sometimes it takes more attempts of poking around each of the schedules in the project to get it to work and it's very frustrating. 
I matched the view settings of these schedules to the drawings it's referencing notes on, so all the elements that are going missing are turned on on this layer 0ination. I have also tried setting the layer combination to "Show all and unlocked" and it still happens .I matched the view settings of these schedules to the drawings it's referencing notes on, so all the elements that are going missing are turned on on this layer 0ination. I have also tried setting the layer combination to "Show all and unlocked" and it still happens .
Any help is highly appreciated!
iMac - MacOs Big Sur 11.6.6
Archicad 24 - Latest Build
Archicad 25 - Latest Build
2 REPLIES 2
ryejuan
Advisor

one thing i notice working with schedules they always tend to run off. 😅 

another thing is i think you also need to save a view where all the layer etc are set then you use that in your layout. i hope Graphisoft can improve the schedule situation. 😆

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards
Barry West
Participant

I just discovered your post after our firm had the same issue. We also noticed that the issue was consistent with having a renovation status (in our case the view settings of the schedules was the issue). 

Try right clicking on your schedule in the view map, going to view settings, and changing the renovation status to a known setting that includes whichever renovation statuses you want to include. Also make sure to right click and redefine with current view settings after making the change.