Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Section plane perpendicular to slanted objects

Bartek
Beginner

Hi,

I would like to project detail of slanted roof parapet, but with keeping its real dimensions, so section plane should be perpendicular to the roof. I manage to tilt 3d cut plane and than -> View -> 3d navigation extras -> Look to Perpendicular of Clicked Surface. Next I use parallel projection and I am creating new 3d view.  It works, but I wonder if there is another way project details of slanted elements, like beams etc? Also in 3d Navigation Extras there is another function, that I am not able to use (it is gray) -> Look to perpendicular. How to use it? In what kind of situation it turns on? 

tab view.jpg
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly

@Bartek wrote:

I manage to tilt 3d cut plane and than -> View -> 3d navigation extras -> Look to Perpendicular of Clicked Surface. Next I use parallel projection and I am creating new 3d view. It works, but I wonder if there is another way project details of slanted elements, like beams etc? 

That is the only way as far as I know.

@Bartek wrote:

Also in 3d Navigation Extras there is another function, that I am not able to use (it is gray) -> Look to perpendicular. How to use it? In what kind of situation it turns on? 

That is for when you have an editing plane active and to want to look perpendicular to that plane, rather than a clicked surface.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thank you Barry! 🙂