Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Sheet numbers on layout

Arcadia
Booster
I have auto text in my title block to number sheets according to the number of sheets in the layout book and their order ie 1 of 8, 2 of 8 etc. Is there any way I can have a sheet that is ignored by the numbering? Sometimes I want to have an extra sheet that is not necessarily going to be part of the construction set but needs to be on a layout (like some 3D docs for client presentation purposes only for instance). To not have it in the sheet numbering means I have to delete it and don't have access to it later.
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
8 REPLIES 8
Erika Epstein
Booster
Yes. Select the layout in question and open its Layout Settings.
At the top of the first tab check the box "do not include this Layout in ID sequence.

This checkbox is also found near the top of the info box.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Arcadia
Booster
Thanks but this doesn't seem to work. The autotext function I am using for my sheets number is a combination of "layout number" for page number and "number of layouts" for total number. It is still including the excess layouts even if I do as you suggested.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Arcadia wrote:
"number of layouts" for total number. .
Missed that part
Someone had some kind of a work around that did this; it was posted here, try a search.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Barry Kelly
If you don't want to show the autotext on the plan just delete the text.
If it is on the master then duplicate the master, delete the text and set the duplicate as that layout sheet's master.

To stop the total number of sheets showing the wrong number (if you are using the trick of placing a reference on the last page) you can move those layouts you don't want numbered to be the last pages in the layout list - i.e. after the page with the reference on it.

Or move the reference file to the layout page number that you want to be the total number for the pages.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Arcadia
Booster
I would rather keep the autotext as it keeps me from misnumbering sheets by mistake. The autotext is on a detail view that I have my titleblock drawn on which I then have placed on each layout. My masters are simply blank standard sheet sizes. Not sure what you mean by using a reference.
Barry Kelly
Arcadia wrote:
I would rather keep the autotext as it keeps me from misnumbering sheets by mistake. The autotext is on a detail view that I have my titleblock drawn on which I then have placed on each layout.
No need to delete the actual autotext then.
Just don't show the titleblock view on the page that you don't want numbered.
Arcadia wrote:
Not sure what you mean by using a reference.
If you have subsets in your layout book and you want to have a total page number for each of the subsets then there is a trick that has been discussed before.
Here is one link to how it works.
I am sure there are others.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=147159&highlight=last+number#147159

As you can see in my example I have multiple subsets in my layout book.
The last page autotext reference is on the 5th of a 6 page subset.
So my autotext shows "page 5 of 5" and not page five of 6 or 5 of 66 (which is tha actual number of layout pages I have).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Arcadia
Booster
Cool. I will give this a shot. Thanks.
Arcadia
Booster
Thanks Barry, this works perfectly.