Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Text disappears in AC25 when zoom?

Anders Juul DK
Contributor

Hi

After installing Archicad on our MAC, we've had a problem with the text partially disappearing as we zoom in and out of the drawing!

I have a Macbook Pro and 2 extra 27 "screens. It is only on the 2 extra screens that it appears.

And it has not been a problem on AC24 or other older versions!

Video: https://youtu.be/VM3EaVkY1Vg

/Anders

50 REPLIES 50
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Dear Anders,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry for the experience!

This is a known issue with Archicad 25 and macOS running on external displays. Fortunately, our developers have found the problem and a fix will be included in Update 2. 

I am very sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you very much for your understanding! Feel free to ask if you have any further questions!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

burgersw
Contributor

Hi, 

I have the exact same problem, also on Macbook Pro but with one external 27inch. After reading your post I started fiddling around with the Work Environment settings again, and found a possible temporary solution. In the "Advanced Redraw Options" under "Work Environment" I set the "2D Drawing Acceleration" slider to Off. This solved the problem for me. I did this many times to make sure, and each time I set it back on, the letters started disappearing again. Maybe this will work for you also.

Schalk

Hi Minh

Sorry, but the problem is not solved in Update 2. I still have the problem!

Thanks 🙂

Anders Juul DK
Contributor

Yes it works 🙂 But the when you zoom or pan it's not so smoth .... But it's bette and the text don't disappear 🙂

Hi Anders,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry to hear about this!

We are already working on the investigation. As soon as I have further news, I will share it here.

Thank you very much for your patience!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hi Anders,

Previously, during the Beta period, we found this problem to be solved. Our colleague tested this again, and surprisingly, it is still happening in Update 2. Thus, we made a new defect entry for it (DEF-6761). I hope that we will be able to address it soon.

Thank you very much for your understanding, and once again, I'm so sorry for the troubles that this defect is causing!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Chazz
Enthusiast

Just chiming in to say same issue here on 2019 MBP with 2 external monitors on V25 4013.  It's really distracting while working as the appearance is consistent with a drafting mistake that we are all trained to be on the lookout for.  The workaround suggested by @burgersw fixed it for me but comes at the expense of performance. This is currently my highest priority bug.  Looking forward to the fix.  

Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current

Agree 100%!

I have since revert back to AC24 until this issue is resolved.