Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Twinmotion - issue with retaining object size when duplicating objects

Anonymous
Not applicable
fairly competent user of twinmotion 2019 and since upgrading to twinmotion 2020.2
im noticing significant backwards steps (reduced functionality) in the program resulting in additional time wasting for my work flow
(also their support forum is fairly useless, hence why im here)

in TM 2019 i used to be able to duplicate an object eg a plant and place it a distance away and it would retain its current size, but every copy/ or duplicate (it doesnt matter which option you select it doesnt seem to make a difference) ends up placing the plant at the size it would originally be when you first place it into TM
resulting in me having to manually resize each and every plant, seriously sucking my will to live having to do this!

reasons like this are why im really wanting/needing to stay in AC23
2 REPLIES 2
Carstenem
Expert
yes new implemented features can be annoying especially if you used to the old one and you loved how it worked.

The solution is to select all the plants you want at a certain scale after you copied/instanced them in the scene graph. Than you can move the slider back to the plant's % you started with

Not perfect but it works at least in one go.
Carsten
www.asmtechbase.com
https://www.youtube.com/asmtechbase

AC 3 to 26 -Windows 7 - 24GB - 8core 4.4Ghz
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Jason,

Thank you for the question and I am very sorry for the issue!

This looks like a bug to me with Twinmotion 2020. Unfortunately, it was not developed by us, so I would suggest asking them directly via their support channel here: https://twinmotionhelp.epicgames.com/s/

Please let me know how it goes. Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!