Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Using the lightworks Archives and image files in textures

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I have been watching some older tutorials (ac v9 and v10) that show how to use lightworks to achieve great results for rendering. I was particularly interested in the billboard trees (walls that carry a tree image and display themselves in render as trees) especially because rendering leaves can be very heavy processing. So I downloaded the free archive files at
http://www.lightworks-user.com

and have been trying for what seems an age to use a tree texture on my wall. In the tutorial there is an "opacity file" (an alpha transperancy file that you get with say a .tif image or when you use the alpha channel in photoshop). These trees do not have the opacity file. I have played with endless combinations of settings to see my trees on the billboards, but I only get either a faded shadowy tree (barely visible) or a great looking tree but with all the black on the billboard behind. If anyone has used these trees could you send me some advice please!

Thanks
Xanthia
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
You gotta make the alpha in photoshop (or CorelDRAW) and then edit the texture to include the alpha.

Alternatively: make the background transparent and save the image as .png. Then load into your project using Library manager and apply to the library part People Bitmap as a custom image.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks...

Yes I did get that, my problem was that I had a .lwi file, inside a .lwa archive and couldnt get them out to make that alpha transperancy, or save them, or even see their size or anything. I have found a suitable library object that I can use now... too much banging my head against a brick wall...

Again... thanks heaps for replying